Progression/Evolution of Ishi

(click on image to view larger)

I thought it might be interesting to throw all these pics I had of my painting "Ishi" into one line to see the progression or transformation all together.  I don't have a pic of the actual beginning stage of this one - mainly because when I'm starting a new painting, I'm just making marks and the marks then begin to take shape or look like something to me, and then I paint into what I see, sometimes turning it, seeing something new, and painting into that..and so on.  I don't usually take pics in that beginning stage because it's really an inner dialog kind of experience.  Most, if not all, of the stages of my painting process are, but there are sometimes stopping points, and sometimes I take a pic.  Most of the time, I'd rather not stop to take photos - it sort of halts the experience abruptly, kind of like hiccups, really. Anyway, this is what I did get pics of, and I thought it might be kind of neat to show how it morphed or evolved from one thing to another.  (this painting is sold)
Here's the finished painting, bigger:
click on the image for a larger view


Comments

Popular Posts