Nancy in a Top Hat


Nancy in a Top Hat oil on canvas 24"x36"
Nancy is a pretty cool character. She wears many hats. In this painting, she happens to be wearing Keith’s top hat. I’ve painted her once before. That time, as a madam. She was wearing a hat then too.

Towards the end of the session with her as the model, she said she thought it would be a good idea to make her into a clown. I thought it was a good idea too (' you kiddin?!), so I added that in the last sitting. That was a hoot. :) Here are some details...


Comments

Brian Weisz said…
Hey Vanessa, the brushwork is very inspiring. Any new paintings to show? My "change" painting is comin' along, I just hope I'll be able to finish it how I see it in my head. Looking forward to next semester.
Gabriel Hunt said…
Thanks for the close-ups. I don't get to stare at it up close any more.

Popular Posts